Monday, September 12, 2011

Chores, Chores, Chores

For those of you that really know me, you know how unorganized I truly am. I am scatter-brained to say the least. I lose my keys on a daily basis, I never know where anything is, and I have piles to be filed that just never seem to find their way into a folder. Going back to school has brought with it so many challenges. Half the time, I feel like I am drowning in my own chaos. Last year, I used chore charts with my kids. They would receive a sticker on every chore that they completed, and I would give them a dime for each sticker. They would then collect the money in three jars, a "Save" jar, a "Spend" jar and a "Give" jar. My kids loved it and it really helped me. I felt like the evenings were a little more managable. I wanted to give you the website for you go to to print off the chore charts http://www.goalforit.com/. You can personalize the charts which I love. For example, Sawyer has chores that are more suitable for a 4 year old than a 7 year old. The charts look like this:


So to make a long story short, the charts are back in full force this Monday morning and hopefully the evenings will be a little less stressful at the Roberts house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment