Friday, May 17, 2013

Wrapping Up You're Already Amazing Book Talk

 
Chapter 11- What God REALLY Wants You to Remember
The journey through this book has been an intimate one for me. I took it seriously, I completed all the exercises and I can honestly tell you that it changed me. It has helped me move a little step closer to freedom from comparing myself to others. It has taught me to start accepting who I am, to see the good of what God made and to learn how to use that for HIS glory, not by own. Not only has this taught me some lessons that my little ears needed to hear, but has put something in my heart that begs itself to be shared with my daughter. We live in a world ladies that is bleeding with comparison. With facebook, twitter, instagram, and pinterest... it is tougher now than ever before. This message is a message that needs to ring loudly in our ears. WE ARE ALREADY AMAZING!!! We really are! Let's shout it loud and clear to our mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, anyone willing to listen.

I know life is busy my friends. I know that some days we are just lucky to get make-up on and get out of our yoga pants, but this is a message that we need to share. I challenge all of you reading this to complete the book if you haven't, dive deep into the exercises within the book, and share this with whom you love. PLEASE!

I am leaving you with some of the things that Holly reminds us to never forgot:
 
You are made for more than this
 
" He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end" Eccles 3:11
 
" This is about learning to turn to Jesus when our hearts feel restless, to have the courage to be wo he made us here and now no matter what, to cross the finish line into everything he has for us in eterminty with a smile on our faces, knowing we ran well every step of the way."
 
You Really Were Made For Right Here, Right Now too
 
On page 181, Holly writes, " What you have to give, what you have to share with the world, is far too important to be missed. We need you to be you-not tomorrow, next week, or next year but where you are at this very second."
 
All You Are Really Can Be Used for Good
 
"God really can use all of you- strengths, weaknesses, imperfections, and challenges. The only time that can't happen is when we refuse to give an area of our lives to him. But whatever we place in his hands, he can lovingly make into something useful and even beautiful."
 
All Things Really Are Possible for You
 
"There is nothing God can't do through a heart fully surrendered to him. NOTHING."
 
What You Have to Offer Really Is Enough
 
"Daughters, you don't have to be enough or have a lot. Only offer all you are, all you have, to me. I will turn that into abundance beyond all you can imagine. All things are posible with me... It's not about what we have to offer but whose hands we place it in."
 
You Really Can Live Differently
 
"Are you ready to take the next step? You can do this, sweet girl. With Him. In His power. That power created the world, spoke the stars into place, spread the sea from one shore to another. That's the power that lives in YOU. Move forward in faith, into all you are and all He has for you. You're already on your way."
 
You Really Are Loved More Than You Know
 
"It's not about understanding but instead about simply receiving. We spend a lot of time trying to figure out how God can love us and what that means. But all we really need to know is that he does. Really. Truly. Just as you are. As high as the sky. More than you can even imagine."
 
There Really Is a Good Plan for Your Life
 
"God promises us that in the end it will all be worth it and we'll understand everything we went through along the way. I imagine one day we'll stand before Jesus in heaven and we'll look back over our lives with a different perspective. The moments you lived in your strengths, the challenges you pushed through, the ways you made a difference-they'll all be something beautiful that you can give the One who gave everything for you."
 
YOU REALLY ARE AMAZING!!!!
 
Just the Way you Are by Bruno Mars
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment