Friday, October 21, 2011

Things I Don't Want To Forget

We are at that time in our lives right now where Family Time is just good. The kids are at an age where we can mess around, we can watch shows together, we can talk about more serious topics and life is just good. I don't want to forget these things. I already look at my children and feel like the time has moved so quickly, and I have forgotten so much. I don't want to forget... I don't want to forget... I don't want to forget the...
1. The sound of Sawyer's feet coming down the wooden steps in the morning, coming to my side and quietly whispering in my ear, " Mommy, can I get in bed with you... I'm scared".
2. Ava sitting at the kitchen table, reading to me and in her teacher voice, telling me all the things she knows about Texas..." Mom, did you know?..."
3. Ava singing at the top of her lungs through the house and always giving me a giggle with a new Ant Farm or Shake It Up move.
4. Josh yelling for the kids shouting, " It's Tickle Time"
5. The 4 of us laying on the couch, watching the Sing Off, pretending that we are the judges. Then Sawyer breaking out in a little Beat Box and some freestyle dance moves.
6. Ava and Sawyer racing eachother to see who can fill up the chore chart the fastest.
7. Watching the two of them pick out pumpkins and actually able to carry them to the car now. What????

Time is going to fast, I want to press hold, and take in every moment. They are just going by too fast. Our parents are right, life flies by and they grow up in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment